A large selection of GP and Nurse appointments can now be booked online using Patient Access. Please click the button below to sign in or register.
In order to offer improved access to appointments, without the need for booking, Whitstable Medical Practice offers a Walk-In Surgery service for patients with a new medical problem which requires attention on the day.
- This is run at each of our three sites from 08:00 – 11:00, Monday to Friday.
- This is available exclusively for Whitstable Medical Practice patients – you must attend the surgery that you are registered at.
- No appointment is necessary, you do not need to book.
- Please pick up a Walk-In Surgery information booklet from reception so that you are aware when and how this service should be used.
On normal working days reception is open from 8.00am to 6.30pm during this time you are able to book appointments for any of our Doctor or Nurse Clinics.
For the Doctors appointments you have the following options:-
- You may book an appointment up to 2 weeks in advance.
- A large percentage of our appointments can be booked on the day for conditions that need to be seen where a pre-booked appointment is not appropriate.
- Appointments are also offered for a telephone consultation with your Doctor when a face to face consultation is not necessary (i.e. reporting back on an ongoing condition where examination is not necessary). We would endeavour to book an appointment and then the Doctor would telephone you as near to this time as possible.
The Practice also runs regular extended hours surgeries between the following hours:
-7am and 8am
-6.30pm and 7.30pm
These surgeries are manned by Duty Doctors (GPs of the Practice). These appointment times are outside of the normal working hours and the other services provided by the surgery from 8.00am – 6.30pm will not be available.
Please contact reception or use Patient Access to book an extended hours appointment.
Please pick up a leaflet from Reception for more information.
If you miss your appointment, someone else will not be able to see a doctor or nurse. Please ring in and cancel if you are unable to keep your appointment for any reason.
Sometimes you may prefer to consult your doctor or nurse by telephone. To arrange a telephone consultation, phone for an appointment in the usual way and ask to speak to the doctor or nurse on the telephone. You will be asked for a telephone number for the doctor or nurse to contact you for your consultation.