Age UK Whitstable is situated in the Connie Packington Day Centre, Vulcan Close at the bottom of Borstal Hill in Whitstable.
The Day Centre is open Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 3.00 pm. The Centre offers a social environment in which people can meet and enjoy a range of different activities or simply sit and enjoy a friendly chat.
The Centre offers a small shop and services such as:
- Assisted bathing
- Computer lessons
- Simple toe nail cutting
Every weekday around thirty five people attend. If transport is a problem Age UK will arrange transport to and from the Centre.
Age UK Whitstable also offer a drop in lunch service. Citizens can call in at 11.30 for a good home cooked lunch; however booking is required by 9.30am on the morning.
As well as the Day Centre, Age UK Whitstable is very active in other areas of the community. Services to help senior citizens in the area include:
- Information and advice
- Help at Home (cleaning service)
- A handyman (for help with those small repairs)
- One-to-one Dementia Outreach (a service for those caring for loved ones)
- Tea for Two befriending service (aimed at supporting people living on their own)
- Laundry collection and delivery service
- Home from Hospital support service
For more information please visit the website below: