Lifestyle Medicine for Persistent Pain
The course has been designed to provide our patients suffering with persistent pain with a practical and evidence based strategy to reduce and manage their pain.
The course explores:
- The basics of lifestyle medicine and pain science, taking a look at how outdated science can have a profoundly negative impact on our pain system.
- How being highly stressed for long periods impacts pain, along with practical stress management strategies.
- How better nutrition and increasing activity levels can decrease inflammation, helping reduce pain.
- How improving sleep can have a positive impact on pain, along with how mindfulness and other strategies can help.
The course is run by our specialised physiotherapy team and consists of 4 face to face group sessions delivered weekly.
After each week you will receive a session summary, recapping the key learning points as well as providing you with resources and links to follow and learn more.
Following the group sessions you will receive 3 'check in' calls over the following few months from our physio team, helping guide you to implement what you learnt.
The group sessions will be mainly educational, however, some of the later sessions will include practical elements.
We sincerely hope that with the right information, along with subtle changes based on up-to-date science, you can find a way to take control of your pain, helping you to live a healthy and fulfilled life, without pain getting in the way.
How to attend the group clinic?
This group clinic is only available to patients registered with Whitstable Medical Practice.
"If you're in pain don’t miss this local course. It really helped me with practical ideas to ease my pain. The course was informative with a light touch. Lots of useful resources too."
- Cataract Surgery
- Elbow, Hand & Wrist
- General Ophthalmology
- Hydroxychloroquine Retinal Screening
- Lifestyle Medicine for Persistent Pain
- Local Steriod Injection
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)
- Minor Sugery
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) Service
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD)
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.