Whitstable Medical Practice offers a Podiatry service which is accessible to patients of any age registered with Whitstable Medical Practice.
Podiatrists are healthcare professionals who have trained to diagnose and treat pathological conditions of the feet and lower limbs. They prevent and correct deformity, keep people mobile, active, relieve pain and treat infections.
They can give you and your family advice on how to look after your feet and what types of footwear to have.
Some of the typical foot problems they treat and alleviate include:
- Toenail problems, such as thickened toenails, fungal nail infections or ingrown toenails
- Corns and calluses
- Athlete's foot
- Odorous feet
- Dry and cracked heels
- Flat feet
- Heel pain
- Ageing feet
- Sports injuries
Our Podiatry Services
The podiatry service is accessible to all patients registered with Whitstable Medical Practice. The podiatrist will provide assessment, education and treatment for patients who have foot problems.
All new patients will be assessed according to their individual podiatry need and if eligible for treatment, a care plan will be agreed with you. A care plan may consist of:
- Education / advice on self-management foot care leading to discharge from the service to self-management
- A simple plan following assessment of a one off treatment leading to discharge from the service for ongoing self-management
- A short term care plan for acute foot care problems leading to discharge from the service
- A long term care plan for ongoing management of active foot problems for those with long term conditions affecting their lower limb
- Your care plan will be discussed and agreed with you at your first appointment
David Acton (BSc (Hons), RCPod, HCPC Registered) - Podiatrist
How to Book an Appointment
It is easy to access our podiatry service. An appointment can be arranged in one of two ways:
- If, following an appointment, your GP feels that podiatric expertise would be beneficial for you, a referral will be carried out and you will be contacted to book for an appointment with our podiatrist.
- You can book directly with our podiatrist by speaking with a receptionist at your registered surgery. Call 01227 284300 and select the relevant option for your site.
If for any reason you cannot make your appointment please contact your surgery (Chestfield, Whitstable or Estuary View) and let reception know, as it will be necessary for us to contact someone else from the waiting list.
For the benefit of patients it is extremely important that we manage this budget efficiently.
Chestfield Medical Centre
- Clinics & Services
- Test Results
- Additional Healthcare Services
- Counselling Services
- Dementia Services
- East Kent Hospitals Out Patient Dept
- Estuary View Urgent Treatment Centre & Minor Injury Unit
- e-Referral Service
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Flu Vaccination
- Group Consulations
- Nursing Services
- Patient Advice & Liaison Service
- Private / Non-NHS Fees
- Screening Services
- Summary Care Record
- Travel Advice
- Wet AMD
- Armed Forces veteran friendly accredited GP practice
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.