PALS (Patient Advice and Liason Service)
For hospital services and treatment
PALS aims to help patients and carers with their questions and problems concerning health and related services. The NHS can then learn from patients’ experiences.
What does PALS do?
- Provide information for patients, their families and carers about health and local health service.
- Put people in touch with voluntary organisations and support groups.
- Help people sort out problems and concerns quickly, before they get more serious and cause anxiety.
- Advise on how to make a complaint if that becomes necessary.
- Act as an early warning system, by listening to the views of patients and their families and alerting NHS services to any gaps in services.
- Liase with other NHS staff to improve local health services.
- Understand basic medical terminology and internal structures of the NHS.
- Want to know when thigs are going well and you have received good service from the NHS.
- Please note the PALS service is now only for use in conjunction with any hospital treatment or service you have received. However the Practice Manager will be happy to listen to your comments or suggestions about Whitstable Medical Practice.
Patient advice and liaison services (PALS): Whitstable & Tankerton Hospital
Address: 174-176 Northwood Road, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 2HN
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
PALS: 01227 783145
- Clinics & Services
- Test Results
- Additional Healthcare Services
- Counselling Services
- Dementia Services
- East Kent Hospitals Out Patient Dept
- Estuary View Urgent Treatment Centre & Minor Injury Unit
- e-Referral Service
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Flu Vaccination
- Group Consulations
- Nursing Services
- Patient Advice & Liaison Service
- Private / Non-NHS Fees
- Screening Services
- Summary Care Record
- Travel Advice
- Wet AMD
- Armed Forces veteran friendly accredited GP practice
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.